Interview Tips For Freshers, As a fresher, you often experience a lot of anxiety before you go to attend an interview. The solution to this anxiety is good preparation. Interview is the common gateway for Freshers for entering into Banking Sector/corporate world.
Interview Tips For Freshers
Reach on time The Interview :
Being punctual demonstrates your seriousness towards the interview. Find out well in advance the information about how to reach the interview place, how much time does it take to reach there. Try to reach the interview place 15 minutes in advance so that you can relax and get yourself ready to face the interview.
Carry all required documents in a folder :
Make sure that you carry 2-3 copies of your resume, certificates (if asked), a notepad and a pen in a well organised folder.
Dress neatly and demonstrate confidence :
* Dressing neatly adds to your self confidence – this includes, neat clothes, shoes and well done hair. Be cautious about the fragrance you use – it should not be so strong that it makes the interviewer uncomfortable.
* Enter the interview room with a smile on your face and don’t slouch in your chair. While slouching in your chair demonstrates lack of interest, the bowed down back exhibits that you are nervous.
* In both the situations, you will not be able to face the interview effectively.
Mind your actions :
* Biting your nails, tapping the table with your pen, sipping water again and again, touching your forehead or nose, biting your lips demonstrates nervousness. Similarly chewing the gum during an interview demonstrates lack of courtesy. Keep away from doing any of these.
* While you have a right to remain silent over things you want, do not tell lies about your candidature. With a lot of investigative agencies and social media being in place, truth is not difficult to be discovered.
Anticipate questions :
You can easily anticipate some questions while preparing for the interview. Make a list of such questions and prepare answers for them. Take a look at the job notification also to anticipate some questions you might be asked based on the key skills required for the role.
Listen carefully :
Ensure that you let the interviewer finish the question before you jump to answer it. Answer with required facts and figures without being too verbose.
Don’t Talk Too Much:
Telling the interviewer more than he needs to know could be a critical mistake. When you have not ready ahead of time, you may hike when answering interview questions, sometimes talking yourself right out of the job. Prepare for the interview by reading through the job posting, matching your skills with the position’s requirements and relating only that information.
Be loud enough and clear :
Make sure that the interviewer can hear you clearly. Avoid talking too loudly or in a very low volume.
Establish eye contact :
If there are more than one interviewer, establish eye contact with each of them while answering the questions. At the same time avoid staring at any one of them as it exhibits over aggression.
Say “I don’t know” :
While you must make intelligent guesses, don’t fake around by trying to offer wrong answers to the questions you don’t know at all. It is absolutely OK if you don’t know certain things.
Ask questions :
When given a chance, make sure that you ask intelligent questions. This would require you to research the job and the company very well before you go to the interview. Not asking any questions in the interview demonstrates your lack of interest in the position or being dull.